What is a chemical peel?
A Chemical peel promotes fresh, healthy skin by gently resurfacing the outer layers of the skin, removing built-up congestion and imperfections. Whether its pigmentation, acne or breakouts, lines and wrinkles, dehydration, enlarged pores, or specific skin complaints like Melasma we have a chemical peel that can help with your concern.
Removing the outer layers of dead skin with a chemical preparation, allows new skin cells to come through revealing a dramatically smoother and brighter complexion with fewer imperfections. Naturally derived acids loosen the glue-like attachments or cellular cement that is characteristic of many skin conditions such as ageing, acne, skin discolouration and coarse texture.
At Luxe Spa & Skin Clinic we use Dermatologic Cosmetic Laboratories’ EPI-Peel Level 1 40% Glycolic Peel which will improve the condition and texture of all skin types and is only used by professionals.
Benefits of chemical peel treatment
- Rejuvenated and brighter skin
- Removal of dead skin cells
- Even skin texture and tone
- Reduced the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Smoother, softer skin
- Eliminated pigmentation and reduced effects of sun damage
- Reduction of inflammation and breakouts caused by acne
- Hydrated and nourished skin
- Stimulated collagen production for plump and youthful looking skin