What is Microblading
Microblading is a manual method of implanting pigment in hair-like strokes in the epidermis (top layers of skin) to create the look of fuller brows. This form of tattooing is the newest trend in Semi-Permanent Makeup. The natural-looking results are achieved with a sharp, hand-held blade made up of 7+ microneedles. Instead of outlining and completely filling in the outline of your brows with colour, microblading actually allows for the placement of hair like strokes into the skin. Whereas traditional tattooing uses needles on a rotary/coil machine to push ink 7 layers deep into the skin, microblading uses a manual blade and only targets 3 layers of skin. Because the pigment sits so superficially in the skin the strokes are sharp, crisp, and they mimic the look of real hair! Your new brows will last up to 2 years predicated on the environmental exposure it receives.
The benefits of this treatment are:
- Fuller eyebrows;
- More defined eyebrows;
- Can help to create a more symmetrical look although remember your eyebrows are sisters and not twins so they will never look exactly the same*;
- Helps those who have visual impairment and can’t draw on their brows effectively;
- Less time getting ready in the mornings;
- Great for those with conditions which result in hair loss creating natural looking brows;
- No smudging or smearing so you can exercise with confidence;
- Long lasting requiring a touch up after 4-6 weeks and then yearly or longer depending on your lifestyle;
- As the pigment is only superficial in the skin it has little downtime.
If you are considering having Microblading contact me for more information and to book your patch test today.
*We recommend that Microblading is ideally done prior to anti-wrinkle injections to ensure that the natural brow line can be followed and to avoid any asymmetry. If Microblading is done after, please ensure that it no earlier than 2 weeks after.